Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

peripatetics - Sherlock Holmes Museum

On one of my trips to London I paid a visit to the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

Reading Sherlock Holmes stories is associated with my college days, my freshman year, in particular.  I remember sitting in the university mess hall eating cafeteria food with my volume of Sherlock Holmes stories open before me.  So I have the association of rubbery tofu and nefarious plots.  Yum.

I also really enjoyed Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in the 1980s-'90s television adaption of the series, as well as the 2010 "contemporary" adaption of Sherlock Holmes.  I'm looking forward to the second season coming this spring...
The "bobby" at the entrance was kind enough to pose for me.


His calling card.  Given the confidential nature of my visit to him, I cannot disclose particulars of the curious sequence of events and startling conclusions that followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!